Learner or First time driver?
Low insurance vehicles
Motor Market understands the challenges that young drivers are facing today and that you burden some of the highest car insurance premiums around. However all is not lost and we suggest there are a few valuable things you can do to bring down the cost of your car insurance in your first years on the road.
- Carry on learning and complete a Pass Plus Course. Insurers view at this favourable; Motor Market has driving school partners that can provide this, please see in our partner links.
- Understand why insurance is expensive for young drivers. A quick look at the facts shows 1 in 5 new drivers are involved in a crash within their first year on the road. 25% of people who die in traffic collisions are under 25. In 2010, 40% of passengers killed or seriously injured, meaning lost limbs, paralysis, brain injury and other life threatening injuries were in a car driven by a young driver. So being aware of the risks that come with being an inexperienced driver can help you to think about how you can improve your driving.
- Concentrate on earning a no-claims discount If you drive safely by following the Highway Code and staying within the speed limit you will reduce your chances of being involved in an accident. By avoiding accidents you will improve your chances of earning that all important no-claims discount when you come to renew your car insurance.
- Choose a car in a low insurance group. A car´s insurance group is based on how much the car is likely to cost insurers per claim. Cars in group one represent the lowest cost for insurers, so the lower the insurance group a car is in, the lower your insurance premium is likely to be. As a young driver it makes sense to look for a car in a low insurance group if you want to pay a lower premium. Motor Market´s current 1 – 5 insurance group vehicles can be seen below.
- Think about security. If possible keep your car garaged overnight or if not at least off the road. Consider alarms, immobilisers or glass etching. Remove valuables such as sat navs or stereos where possible.
- Compare Insurance prices. When you´re searching for a policy, make sure you compare like with like. If you think you´ve found a bargain, always look closely at the detail, particularly at any compulsory excesses which you would have to pay when making a claim. What looks like cheap car insurance could actually be expensive if the excess is more than you can afford to pay. Our insurance partners are always available to help you with this.
Sorry, we are currently updating our stock.
Please call us on 01384 411119 for full details.