Motor Market Ltd understands that the use of your information requires your trust.
Motor Market are committed to the highest standards of data privacy and will only use your information for clearly described purposes and in accordance with your data protection rights.
What we do
Motor Market sells used vehicles, provides finance, repairs and services a variety of vehicles as well as providing links to external finance, breakdown, insurance and warranty providers.
Motor Market as Data Controllers
Motor Market is responsible for, and is the data controller of your personal information that it receives through our web site, by email, by phone call and in person through visiting our dealership. If you give us personal information about somebody else, such as a colleague, friend or a family member, we will assume you have their permission to do so, and their data will also be subject to this policy.
What information may be collected about you?
- Phone number
- Email addresses
- The type of vehicles you are interested in purchasing
- The vehicles you have purchased, we have repaired or serviced from for you.
- Your comments received in relation to the service we have provided
- Credit and anti-fraud information
- Information which establishes your identity and proof of address, income, employment, such as driving licences, passports, wages slips, bank statements and utility bills.
- Information about transactions, requests for credit and credit ratings.
- Information about the features and current settings of your vehicle
How your personal information may be used
Use of personal information under EU data protection laws must be justified under a number of legal grounds and we are required to set out the grounds in respect of each use in this policy. An explanation of the scope of the grounds is detailed below:
- Customer support and marketing
- To respond to enquires and bring you news and offers
- To remind you of service and MOT schedules
- To notify you of information relating to your vehicle, if we have been made aware by the manufacture.
- To process your sale
- To process repairs and serving for your vehicle
- To provide you finance for your vehicle
- To liaise with credit finance companies in your behalf
- To liaise with warranty companies to ensure your vehicle is covered for the repairs you requested.
- To liaise with breakdown assistance companies if requested by you.
Compliance with legal requests for your information
We maybe required to provide your information to law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts and third party litigants with proceedings or investigations. We will ensure that the party has the correct authority before providing your information. If possible, we will only provide information after notifying you, unless to do so would prejudice the prevention or detection of crime.
Legal Grounds for processing your information
The use of your information set out above is permitted under EU data protection law on the basis of these principle legal grounds:
- Where you have consented to the use (you will have been asked for consent by either verbal or written means). Your consent may be withdrawn by contacting our Sales Support Team on 01384 411119
- You have contacted the company direct by phone, email, text message, web message or in writing.
- Where necessary to entre into or preform our contract with you
- Where we need to use it comply with any legal duty.
- Where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party.
- Information accessible by Third Parties for a legitimate interest.
- This is only shared in a secure manner, using a consistent security protocol.
- Sale/Finance of a Vehicle
- Service, Repairs and MOT
- General Enquiries
- Requests for Valuation & Loan Car Requests
Reason for Retention & over what Time Period
How to change your privacy preferences
You can change your preferences, or withdraw your consent in relation to how Motor Market uses your personal information by:
- Contacting our Sales Support Team on 01384 411119
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Unsubscribe – Motor Market” or email@example.com to review or correct information
- Writing to our Head Office for the attention of Data Controller at:
Motor Market Ltd
27 Newtown Lane
In addition, you may contact the Administration Support, as under certain conditions you have the right to require us to:
- Provide you with a copy of your information
- Update any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you
- Delete any information about you we no longer have a lawful ground to use
- Remove you from any direct marketing lists when you object or withdraw consent
- Provide you with your information in a sable electronic format
- Restrict our use of your personal information
- Cease carrying out certain processing activities.
If you make a written request for your personal data, we will provide this information within 30 days unless it is a large amount of information and we need to spend the time researching for it. If this is the case, we will notify you of the delay. Normally we would not charge for this information, however if a large amount of information is requested and it takes a long time we may charge a nominal fee for the additional work.
If you are dissatisfied with our use of your information or our response to any exercise of these rights you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, further details are available at https://ico.org.uk
This website uses Visitor Chat to provide you with immediate communications with our dealership, in order to facilitate this Visitor Chat act as a Data Processor and the following cookies are set on your machine.