Car insurance premiums have increased by an average of two per cent in the past year, data has revealed. Motorists in the West Midlands have unfortunately seen the biggest increase in the last twelve months at 4.6 per cent.
One of the main reasons insurers are likely to raise their prices is to adjust for consistently increased losses. The cost of claims is higher than ever, according to the Association of British Insurers (ABI).
The advanced technology we have in today’s vehicles has led to an increase in keyless car crime and more expensive repair bills, this has led to increased rates of theft and repair claims. The ABI claims there are many scams made up of dodgy claims and dishonest insurance claims, which cost the industry billions each year.
Other factors can affect the cost of your car insurance, such as your age, young drivers will usually pay more for their car insurance than older, more experienced drivers.
Where you live can also affect, some areas are considered higher risk than others.
Your job title can also affect how much you pay for your car insurance, if your occupation is considered high risk, you could end up paying more.
Of course, your car insurance group will also have a massive effect, the higher the group your car is set in the higher rate of car insurance you will pay.
So let’s have a look at some of the cheapest cars to insure at the moment:
1. The Volkswagen Polo is in the group 1 category, making it one of the cheapest vehicles to insure. It is classed as a small city car but has lots of room with a 351 litres boot size.
2. The Hyundai i10 also qualifies for group 1 insurance; to qualify for the low insurance group you must choose the 66hp 1.0 petrol engine.
3. The Nissan Micra 1.0 petrol engine also is in the group 1 insurance category, some say not as fun to drive as other small cars in its class but still one of the cheapest to insure.
4. The Ford Fiesta slots into Group 2 insurance so will be slightly more on insurance but is one of the most popular cars in the UK.
5. The Vauxhall Corsa also falls into group 2 insurance, it comes with a 1.4-litre engine.
There are of course many more cars out there that fall into a low insurance group, so why not give the guys at Motor Market a call, they will be only too happy to help you find the best car for you. As a leading used car dealership in the West Midlands, We are always keen to help you find your perfect car. Why not browse our online showroom and talk to us to see how we can help you get on the road, whether you need advice on which car is best for you or to talk about finance options, give us a call on 01384 411119 or pop in and see what we can do for you.